Ask Mantik Intikam Episode 7 Review "OZAN ZIPS ESRA'S DRESS"

 


Quick Recap: OZAN ZIPPED UP ESRA'S DRESS, I REPEAT, HE ZIPPED UP HER DRESS! And that's really all you need to know. Just kidding. Esra goes around being jealous and Ozan goes around being emotionally abusive* while their mothers are in a battle to become the neighborhood chairperson. Cagla lies by omission then sucks up to Zumrut but she still gets put in the friend zone, where she belongs.

REVIEW:
-Where to begin... I feel we need a moment of silence for Ozan's hair. Just look at it...           
Is it glorious? YES IT IS!!! While I am okay with the hairstyling of AMI (do not ask me how I HATED "Seni Cok Bekleden's" curly fro situation... ick), I prefer this down, semi natural style. Please more of this.
-Now lets talk about how Cagla is a liar and has forever earned my dislike. What did I say about the true character beginning to form? While she knows she did wrong by letting Ozan think she stayed with him all night, neither she nor Cinar think it is THAT big a deal. When she meets Zumrut later she becomes OVERLY polite and slightly insincere when she finds out the crazy woman is Ozan's mom. So, now I distrust her and am watching her for any mistakes. I hope they don't make her totally evil, but this is a dizi so I imagine that is on the horizon. 
-Esra asks Musa to NOT tell Ozan the truth that she was the one with him all night in the hospital, holding his hand and comforting him. She then goes to great lengths the entire episode to keep the secret, even when Ozan is emotionally abusive and hurtful.*
-We get everyone's favorite... the flashback of the EsZan marriage in which Esra walked around kind of frumpy because that is what you do when you already got the man (Exhibit A--see my social media before and after marriage) and Ozan wears lame sweaters. They're sweet with one another and natural with one another and it hurts my heart to see how caring they were in the past when currently they quarrel like my children at the end of summer break. 
-We also get Ozan channeling his inner Neco from "Ramo".... and guess who's not mad about it? ME!!! Neco and Fatos was easily the most toxic ship I ever sailed and I am still sad that they killed them off so soon... 
-The TRUE MVP of this episode is Zeyno! Girl is the best friend everyone should have. She'll sit and listen to all your nonsense, then try to CORRECT your nonsense by text, when that fails she'll go along with your crazy plans to slander your ex even though she knows that you are jealous, jealous jealous. She is a queen. She is a goddess. She deserves her own love story. 
-I feel like we need to take a moment to acknowledge the other queen of my heart... Zumrut Korfaly. This woman is THE WORST... but I love her so much! She steals every scene she is in. From diva walking around the company telling people to get off their phones and work to trying to convince Cagla that her tacky furnishings are the fault of her sister! Let us not even speak about how she's trying to hijack the neighborhood election with empty promises and marry off her son to Cagla! She and Menekse tied in votes and will be working together for the neighborhood so I imagine that will go poorly. I WILL say, I hope we get some serious Zumrut when Esra's BIG SECRET MISCARRIAGE is revealed. I want her to be apologetic and I want Ozan to stick up for Esra the way he didn't when they were married the first time... So a tiny bit of character growth, but not too much, because I love her chaotic ways! 
-Just a note on Elif. She has the cutest smile. I could not find a pic of her smiling in AMI, but she's adorbs. I can see why Eco likes her. 
-A little Cinar drama on the horizon as Gaia has discovered his identity and now she's on the prowl. Cinar is confused, and not flattered. When Esra asks what type of girl he likes, Cinar takes the opportunity to describe herself, but she doesn't get it and poor Cinar also hangs out in the friend zone.
-When we talk about Sibling Supremacy Eco and Ezra > Cagla and Cinar every day of the week. Cinar compliments Cagla on her outfits and says she shouldn't give up on Ozan even though the boy is CLEARLY not interested... Eco teases Esra mercilessly pointing out that Cagla is gorgeous and it would be impossible to be friends with her but the second Esra needs him, there he is committing acts of vandalism in the neighborhood to prevent Cagla and Ozan from becoming a couple. 
-Aside from these two impossibly good looking human beings being breathtaking when they are standing next to each other... lets talk about how Esra acted a fool the whole episode and finally our couple was able to sit down and have a semi real conversation. Ozan discovered that she was the one in the hospital by accident and wants answers. Ozan also acted a fool for much of the episode, resenting Esra needlessly... but as the soothing sounds of Sen Beni Guzel Hatirla by Hande Mehan washed over them, I couldn't help but feel like we've finally turned the corner and Ozan will act like a human while Esra will acknowledge her love. Please. Pretty please...

THOUGHTS AND PREDICTIONS
-This is my favorite currently airing dizi and I sincerely hope that Fox lets it run its course to approximately 25 episodes.
-Burcu and Ilhan are disgustingly good looking. For real. Put them in any clothes, give them stupid hair, and they still look ridiculously attractive. 
-Some people really like Jealous Esra... I prefer jealous Ozan and want to go back to pointless scenes of playing basketball where Cinar pours out his heart and Ozan pulls sad puppy faces. 
-I said this last week, but I REALLY believe it this time... I think we're turning corners toward resolution. Esra claims that she's all about the work, so I want her to stop putting herself in Ozan's path and get on with it. 
-From the fragman we know that Ozan will settle Esra's mind about his relationship with Cagla, but that doesn't mean that Zumrut and Cagla will let him get out of it that easily. I predict that Zumrut will try to be more involved with Cagla much to Ozan's chagrin and Esra's irritation.
-Ozan will make excuses to keep Esra working closely with him while she half heartedly tries to avoid him.
-Musa will continue to be the biggest shipper of EsZan and continue to help his Yenge behind the scenes. I'd love for him to meet Zeyno and for their pure hearts to fall in love.
- Please kissing next episode? Or something close to kissing? Or more flashbacks. 

Happy watching and I can't wait for next week's episode!



*I've discussed this before, I will not discuss it again, only to say the writers need to find better ways to deal with fragile male disappointment. 

Comments