Baht Oyunu Episode Six Review "The Tango Episode"

To all you chumps who thought that Bora Bey was going to discover that Ada and Ruzgar are married... I hate to disappoint but that ish isn't happening for a while. And when I say "while" I mean possibly episode 7. Quick recap before I dive on in with the bullet points. Bora and Ada resolve their differences yet again and end up covering a story at some new age couple's retreat. Meanwhile Ada's family is firmly entrenched at Bora's house to the confusion and consternation of everyone else involved. (Does no one have jobs? They just hang out at a stranger's house all day?) Tugce and Ruzgar also go to this couple's retreat.

REVIEW:
-Bora calls himself superfluous which is both tragic and untrue... though I find it disconcerting that Bora is perpetually sweaty looking. Make-up people, take note, powder this man's face a bit so he doesn't shimmer like a vampire from Twilight. 
-Luckily Ada doesn't take no for an answer and hunts him down to have a hilariously RomCom park adventure complete with milk mustaches, pizza eating, and shoeless walks in the park. Does it sound like the best time ever... well, it was. Bora low key bragged about his military service. There was also a little romantic face touching so... you know... 
-I'm compelled to restate my love for Cemre Baysel. She does comedy SO well. I first loved her as Fatos in Ramo, then watched her as Biricik in Sol Yanim... both very different but dramatic and serious characters in their own way. She has a face that can do comedy, romance, and drama which is very handy. Her comedic timing is what helps Baht Oyunu trancend from just your regular old summer dizi to something more. She effortlessly weaves into the serious and into the comedic bringing the audience along. I'd love to see her in more comedic roles. 
-Ruzgar continues to be human garbage dissuading Ada from telling Bora Bey the truth about their relationship by threatening to tell Ada's aunt. Look, he's awful, but he's so funny. His interactions with Tugce were peak comedy this episode. Especially doing couples activities at the romantic retreat. Also, "Why are you without shoes?" He's back to saying "okay" in that horrible voice again. Kill. Him. 

-Back at the office where they have a website Ada gets a crappy pen in exchange for her intellectual property which is a piss poor exchange and I have so many thoughts on the wrongness of this....

-Ada's aunts are thirsty. One wants to have a baby, the other wants Ada's co-worker who I'm still not entirely convinced isn't gay. Most of the external family scenes were "meh" this week 
-Ali (Bora's cousin/sidekick) manages to manipulate Bora into taking Ada to the couple's retreat which Bora is convinced is a scam. His spidey senses are correct, it IS a scam. But a beautiful scam that allows for face touching, bed sharing (one of my favorite cliche's which we've already had once in this dizi), matching outfits, tango lessons, couples exercises and BORA SPINNING TRAYS ON HIS HANDS?! Seriously, why is this whole show not just Bora spinning crap on his hands. It was mesmerizing. 

-The episode ends with a brief triumph for Ada only to be ruined by Celal Bey (I think that was his name) recognizing Ada as he has come to talk to "Tugce" about the white wedding article. Secrets about to be exposed... or are they?

-A note about the shameless ad placement in the episode... I laughed and laughed and laughed. It wasn't clever. It wasn't subtle. I almost titled this "The Shameless Ad Episode"

Predictions:
-I don't actually think the wedding info will come out yet. More likely Ada will do something else stupid or quit because she can't handle lying to Bora.
-The fragman leads me to believe there will be basketball games.
-Bora will run into Ada as a waitress again. By the end of the episode she'll be back at the company. 
-Ada's family might FINALLY go back to her place.
-Tugce and Ruzgar will both be condescending and annoying. 
Remember this guy from Afili Ask? I do. Also, he was on Sol Yanim. Apparently he is joining the cast. Everyone thinks it will be as a rival for Tugce, but I saw an image of him in costume with the rest of the cast and it looked like he was dressed like Ruzgar. So I am thinking Ruzgar's brother? Cousin? Someone from Ruzgar's past, and I think more likely he will have interest in Ada. All I know is I CAN NOT WAIT

Random Thoughts:
This is my 2nd favorite dizi this summer. The comedy value always makes me smile and Cemre and Aytac are doing an amazing job straddling that romantic/comedic line. They have amazing chemistry and play off of one another so well. I've never seen Aytac in anything before but also noticed he's taken more serious roles. When I saw the previews I knew this would be the classic romcom full of our favorite cliches and it hasn't disappointed. I don't have a cliche if done well, and thus far, I've liked what they've done... but once Bora discovers that Ada and Ruzgar are married, I really don't know where they could take the plot?




Comments