Boys v Girls Part II

I do adore boys. Having only brothers I feel like they are the bees knees. That being said, one area in which women will always reign supreme (the notable exception being Mr. C. Lance) is in the area of fact gathering...

Let me elaborate. The Beardocrat has a friend who we will call Jared (I am pretty certain Jared is oblivious to this blog, and feel no guilt about using his real name). Jared has been dating a girl named Katy (also real name)for a while. Occasionally, the Beardocrat and I go on dates w/ Jared and Katy. Even before Katy was a thought in Jared's head I pressured him for information about his dating life. I discussed his dating fetes and failures with him and would analyze all the data I received to assist him. Because that is what I do. I assist people who don't always want or require my assistance (a really great perk that comes along with being a girl!).

Once the Beardocrat told me he and Jared would be lunching together. I knew he could not be trusted to talk about things other than typeface, and design ethics, and stories about a mutually despised former co-worker, I sent him with a list of questions specifically designed to force Jared to reveal the details of his relationship with Katy. The Beardocrat just forwarded these questions to Jared in an email format. He didn't even bother to sneak them in during conversation!

They had another lunch post our most recent double date adventure and the Beardocrat again did not seek out the desired information. Boys.

Comments

Ha, Ha. I have done the exact same thing to Mike--sent a billion questions with him to ask and he is exactly the same. Boys indeed.

Having three little boys of my own I have to agree that boys are the best. I really love my little family of boys.
Tracy said…
Seriously? Jared and Katy are still dating with no progress? It has been over a year!
smithfieldman said…
Never send a man to do a woman's job
Kara said…
My favorite is when you want information on a co-worker of your husband and you ask, "So how is so-and-so's (enter desired detail here) going?" or "What did so-and-so have to say about such-and-such?" and all you get is, "I don't know." It makes me want to scream, "Don't you people have DIALOGUE where you work?" I mean, seriously.