AND... You're Back, Shocker.

One thing I find annoying is the very public, and sometimes irrationally personal, facebook kiss-off. You know what I am talking about. When someone makes the I'm Leaving Facebook Forever Status. Generally, but not always followed by the personal details of just why the leaving is happening. I want to make an important distinction. I am not referring to 'taking a break' from facebook, because who doesn't need a break every once in a while? No, I am talking about the Ugly, Wretched, and Awkward goodbye accompanied by a speech about how it all went wrong, and an assertion, no, A PROMISE, that this is goodbye forever.

And then, in a few months, there is the slinking back. I've often wondered about this. Facebook is a time suck, I get it. And facebook CAN exacerbate unnecessary drama if you perpetuate drama, but I like to live by the philosophy of not saying anything you have to take back. Why come back? If facebook was really so awful, why not leave it at that?

Comments