Confession Time

When I was young I watched this musical called Babes in Toyland. No, not the old school 1960s (or 70s, I don't recall, but it features technicolor) but the1986 version featuring a lot of talk about Cincinnati (I learned how to spell this from the clip you will find below) and Keanu Reeves. For the last several years I've wondered if i just imagines this gem or if it actually existed. Well, happily folks, I can't make this stuff up. It exists! In a big way.



Yes, you are welcome for one of my favorite clips from the movie. Since I have had time in the wee hours of the morning to peruse what Hulu has to offer, I found the joy that is Babes in Toyland. Seriously, check it out for yourself. All the nostalgic joy of youth. A little bonus was that while searching for the clip I discovered a whole cross section of clips devoted to Keanu Reeves and his 80s career.

Comments

smithfieldman said…
It's sort of like how I learned Smithfield's zip code when I first moved here at the Health Days Pageant. They had a song that went something like Smithfield UT 8-4-3-3-5.
Nathan said…
Wow, I had no idea this existed. It makes me wonder what else I've been missing out on.
Karen said…
Wow. Brings back memories. I made it to second 15 before I had to turn it off. Something about that movie must have scared me as a child because it started to come back to me...
The Rage said…
I'm pretty sure I watched this when I was younger but I must have blocked it out... and for good reason.
stewedslacker said…
HO-LY-CRAP. I, like you, thought that I had drempt this. This is crazy, I cannot believe that this movie actually exists. Now we have to netflix it and watch it.