Hair Cut

Since my birth, my hair has been an issue. I've seen pictures of cherubic babies with a fake bow plastered to their adorable little heads... enter baby picture of me, fake bow ensnared in a tangled mass of something resembling thick seaweed. Yep, my hair. At first I played the game with my hair, I attempted to tame it, but eventually I had to concede that I fought the good fight and call it a day. But where am I going with this, you ask?

This Saturday I got a hair cut. I've gone to the same professional for my hair cuts for years, and she's never let me down. She always manages to make my hair look better than it has a right to. This time I asked her to cut it much shorter than usual. She graciously complied. She did show me what seven inches looked like, I think she doubted my resolve... at any rate, we did the cut and I think it looks great. Yep, no false humility here, the hair looks great. I got compliments. Stewed Slacker said it looked nice. The Beardocrat even said so...
Wait a minute! Then I remember, the age old hair cutting rule. NO ONE TELLS YOU YOUR HAIR CUT LOOKS BAD! I, myself, have been guilty of telling a girl I liked her hair cut when I REALLY thought it looked horrible. I mean BEYOND horrible.
And then I remember, this is still ME here, and I am narcissistic enough to like my hair independent of what others think.

Comments

Wendy said…
Hey! You told me you liked my latest hair cut...were you lying? :) In any case, I want to see yours!
Tracy said…
I'm sure it looks great, but why did you not show us? I want to see!
politicchic6 said…
Wendy- it wasn't you, but it WAS someone you and I both knew her. Remember that girl who was dating that guy who was in love with you? The one who lived in the red brick house?
Karen and T-Ray- I will probably get around to posting something on facebook, but I didn't take any pictures when it looked nice fresh from Nicole's Salon.
smithfieldman said…
Yes. I am intrigued at how short your hair is now
Kara said…
Hasn't anyone told you how RUDE it is to leave one hanging (in most cases--I concede there are times when it serves it's purpose, but trust me, THIS IS NOT ONE OF THOSE TIMES.)???

PICTURES!!!!! And as I see from earlier posts, I WILL FB stock you until you produce. :)
Nathan said…
I think boys have it a little easier. My wife cuts mine, and we essentially just lop it off as short as my knobby head will allow, and then let it grow for as long as possible until it gets too unruly.

I always compare it to shearing a sheep.
Nicole said…
If I do say so myself (and I will), your hair looks amazing. End of story.
stewedslacker said…
I'm very, very bald- so perhaps my comments weigh little. But for what it's worth, I really DO think your latest cut was nice.
The Rage said…
I told you I really liked it and I feel like you blogged about it to get more praise for your hair cus it really does look cute this time around :) If you ever lie to me about my hair I will kill you ... have a nice day!