Elevator

There is this elevator at work that is my enemy. I call him Number 3. There are three elevators, none of them are numbered, but this one is all alone on one wall while the others are close together--they are Juanita and Sally. I have once been trapped in Number 3 for over 4 minutes. No one called the fire department and there was no way to alert anyone... eventually it just started moving as though nothing was wrong. Number 3 is highly unreliable. You get in and the doors remain open and never close. You can push the close door button but that doesn't seem to work. I have perfected the trick of hopping once you get inside. For some reason if you hop, then the doors will close. I think this is just a power struggle game that Number 3 is playing with me and by our history I judge number 3 is winning. He just sits there while I hop around and look like an idiot to all the other passengers. Recently the facilities maintenance people said that the elevators were going to be renovated. I was thrilled. For two whole days Number 3 was out of commission. I got to work the other morning and entered this newly renovated elevator. Verdict: All they did was change the carpet! Number 3 is as ridiculous as ever. Just one more reason to take the stairs.

Comments

Karen E. said…
Putting in new carpet is a renovation?

I'm totally going to name the elevators that I use now.
smithfieldman said…
I don't use the elevator in my building. It always smells funny. Besides the one flight of stairs is sometimes the only exercise I get.
Marian said…
Strange.... That elevator loves me!
politicchic6 said…
It happened again last night. Three people enter the elevator. The doors remain open. I look at them, silently pleading for them not to judge me, then I hop. The doors close, and we descend.
Tracy said…
Michele! I didn't know you had a blog. I am now a follower of your blog because I miss you and you are funny which means I know you will have an awesome blog.
Kara said…
The wit continues! Why does it not surprise me that you name your elevators? I hope for your sake you don't work on the 27th floor...just in case the hop doesn't work.
stewedslacker said…
First off, I was surprised to learn your building even has stairs. Second off, I'm not surprised that a government building "renovation" merely consisted of changing carpet. And thirdly, you probably look foolish enough with your snuggie under your arm that the hops are the least of your worries.
Carolina said…
You have elevators?